Friday, July 6, 2012

16th Anniversary!


Mike and I celebrated our 16th anniversary today. The morning started by me receiving an 18-270 lens for my "old" camera. I was elated and could not have been happier! I got Mike a Ruger 10-22 for grouse hunting. He was extremely excited and is ready to take it to the range tomorrow. 
 
In the afternoon, Mike and I strolled through the UAF Botanical Gardens.  The flowers were amazing!  We took our tripod and snapped a few "Happy Anniversary" pictures of the two of us.  Wow, how we have changed over the past 16 years!  A few more pounds and lots more love!
 
For dinner, we dined at Chena's Alaskan Grille.  This fine dining restaurant overlooks the Chena River.  We sat out on the deck under an umbrella and watched the boats drift by as we ate our scallops and crab encrusted halibut.  For desert, Mike had the apple crisp and I had the blackberry creme' brule'.  Oh, it was delicious!

After dinner, Mike and I spontaneously drove over the Regal Cinemas and took in Brave 3D!
 
The evening was not quite over though, as Mike had one more surprise up his sleeve. When we got home from our evening out, Mike pulled out a box and inside was a Canon 60D! OMG!  After receiving my new lens, I was more than shocked to have another gift waiting for me.  The lens was more than enough!!!  Thank you, SB!
 
The Photo Shoot
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The Flowers












The Dinner







The Gifts




No comments:

Post a Comment