Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Kristie, Kristie How Does Your Garden Grow?


With the massive heat wave that's been going on in Alaska, my garden has been growing! The flowers are in full bloom, as are the tomatoes, squash, cucumbers and pumpkins. Today's high, at the Calvin's place, was 99 degrees. I think it may... have been actually a degree or two cooler, since the themometer was directly in the sun for a few minutes. This evening, the sky seemed to cloud over and the temperature dropped to 90. However, when I went outside to photograph my garden, I saw that the sky is a bright orange from the glow of a forest fire south of Fairbanks. Either way, my garden is growing! 
 








 

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping by to express my appreciation for your blog. I came across it looking for hikes around the area and keep coming back. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete